USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES
• Rewilding projects of interest.
• Links to native species databases.
• List of Invasive species and red list databases.
• Links to other sites and articles of interest.
Rewilding projects of interest.
• Knepp estate in England
• Trees for life in Scotland
• Tompkins Conservation
• Wolf re-introduction Yellowstone Park USA
• Cambrian Wildwoods in Wales
• The Northern Jaguar Project in Mexico
• Revegetating the White River National Forest, Colorado
• Read about Summit 2 Sea in Wales – Rewilding Britain
Links to native species databases.
• Online Atlas of Irish & British Flora
• Plants of the world . KEW botanic gardens database
• Ireland native plant database
• Online database of UK native plants and animals through Your Postcode
• European vegetation survey
• Database of native flora UK
• Native plants Australia
• Native fauna of Australia
• The online world grass database. KEW botanical gardens.
• Plants for the Future A great database of 1000’s of temperate zone plants
• South African biodiversity database
• Native species New Zealand
• Native plants New Zealand
• U.S.A. native and naturalised plant database
• The PLANTS Database provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
• Native vascular plants USA
• Native plants of North America
• North American Native Plant Society
• Native and naturalised species USA and Canada
• South Eastern Australia
• West African plants
List of Invasive species and red list databases.
• Invasive species Ireland
• Endangered species lists Ireland
• Global invasive species database
• Global red lists – endangered species worldwide
• Alien Invasive Species Inventories for Europe
• List of invasive species Asia
• Invasive species central Russia
• Central Africa invasive species lists
• Invasive species Australia
• Pacific Islands invasive species
• USA invasive plant atlas
• Centre for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health
• UK invasive species
• GeoCAT. GeoCAT is a web tool that harnesses primary biological data for semi-automated IUCN Red List assessment and analysis.
• Invasive plants from New Zealand into Europe
• The Rapid Decline of the Natural World is a Crisis Even Bigger Than Climate Change
• How to fight insectageddon with native plants
• Forest in a box Scheme
• Knepp Castle estate rewilding project – One of our favourite inspirations.
• Rewilding Britain. A great resource. Read about the amazing Summit to Sea project!
• All Ireland Pollinator Plan
• Self-Willed Land
• Global database of over 18,000 edible plants
• Plants for the Future – A great database of 1000’s of temperate zone plants and their attributes.
• Fire effects on plants USA
• Useful plants and fungii of the world (KEW)
• Medicinal plants of the world and their services
• Humanity has wiped out 60% of mammals, birds, fish and reptiles since 1970
• Humans just 0.01% of all life but have destroyed 83% of wild mammals
• Food forests Australia
• Food forest UK – The Agroforestry Research Trust – Martin Crawford’s inspirational place. Watch this National Geographic video about Martin’s forest garden “A forest garden with 500 edible plants could lead to a sustainable future”
• The Amazon is a food forest
• 20 Urban food forests from around the world
• Many species could be even more likely to go extinct than we realise
• Governments could take decades to save species. Here’s what you can do now.
• Why We Should Save The Last Tiny Scraps of Nature
• Native Plants Amazingly Resilient When Invasives Removed
• Half-Earth Project – share local species data
• Yards with Non-Native Plants Create Food Deserts for Bugs & Birds
• How spiders Increase Plant Diversity
• Back To The Wild: How “ungardening” Took Root In America
• The 3.5% Rule: How A Small Minority Can Change The World
• Rewilding Patagonia: Chile’s Great Conservation Leap Forward
• Lawns Are An Ecological Disaster
• ‘Alarming’ Extinction Threat to Europe’s Trees
• Quantifying the Impacts of Defaunation on Natural Forest Regeneration in a Global Meta-Analysis”
• Insect Diversity Decreases in Gardens with Non-Native Plants
• World Facing First Mass Extinction Since Dinosaurs as Wildlife Populations Plunge by 67 Percent in 50 Years
• CAP4NATURE – An Ecological Evidence Base to inform the Future of Common Agricultural Policy in Ireland
• How To Identify the UK’s 10 Most Common Birds
• Study Shows “Frightening” Decline of Insects & Spiders
• What Is Causing The Decline in Pollinating Insects?
• Host Plants for Butterflies in the UK
• Want To Be A Rewilder? Here’s How
Some open pollinated, heritage seed companies.
• Irish Seed savers
• Heirloom and open pollinated seed companies in Europe
• Tamar Organics
• The Organic Gardening Catalogue
• The Real Seed Company
• Vital Seeds
• Beans and herbs at The Herbary
• France – Association Kokopelli – Production of organic and biodynamic seeds
• The 10 best seed companies in USA for non GMO and heritage seed
• Irish bare root native trees and so much more – www.futureforests.ie
• Irish native wildflowers
If you prefer to read from paper/make notes, you can download & print the information from each page on the site. Double-sided if possible please!
Why Do We Need An Ark PDF
What is an Ark PDF
Aims of the Ark PDF
How To Build a Garden Ark PDF
How To Build an Ark – Instructions for Schools PDF
How To Build an Ark – For Public & Commercial Land PDF
Extra Activities for your Ark PDF
We are the Ark PDF